White House Utility District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic. White House Utility District is a Tennessee Drug Free Workplace participant and is in compliance with the TN Non-Smoker’s Protection Act by providing a Smoke Free Workplace.
Construction Coordinator/ Administrative Assistant
White House Utility District is seeking candidates that are highly motivated, analytical and creative self-starters who welcome work in a collaborative environment to join our engineering team as a Construction Coordinator/ Administrative Assistant.
The Construction Coordinator/Administrative Assistant is responsible for coordinating a variety of processes related to development and Capital Improvement projects as well as producing and maintaining detailed records for the Engineering department. Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s degree with 2 years related experience.
The ideal candidate should also:
- Have excellent deductive reasoning skills and draw logical conclusions from a variety of information from multiple data sources
- Be extremely detail oriented and organized
- Be adaptable to change and have the ability to work collaboratively and effectively in a team atmosphere
- Be able to communicate and comfortably interact with developers, contractors, and customers.
Experience with contracts, plan review, or project management is strongly preferred.
Some of the types of work the Construction Coordinator will be responsible for are:
- Assisting customers, contractors, surveyors, engineers and developers over the phone, face to face and through electronic communication with a variety of requests
- Processing planning commission submittals with feasibility information
- Coordinating the easement acquisition process
- Providing mapping data to surveyors, engineers, and customers
- Initiating and documenting calls to customers for water outages
- Coordinating the plat review process with surveyors and customers and maintaining detailed plat records
- Coordinating the fire hydrant application process and maintaining detailed hydrant records
- Communicating with departments within the District so that information is provided to deliver quality customer service
- Analyzing various data sources for trends to develop, maintain and improve planning for CIP and other business needs
- Creating and preparing a variety of reports and ensuring that all data is accurate, precise and organized
- Assessing information on a case by case basis and make logical decisions when necessary to operate outside of established guidelines
White House Utility District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is a Tennessee Drug Free Workplace participant.
ATTN: HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT
PO BOX 608
WHITE HOUSE, TN 37188
Send resumes to: