White House Utility District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic. White House Utility District is a Tennessee Drug Free Workplace participant and is in compliance with the TN Non-Smoker’s Protection Act by providing a Smoke Free Workplace.
Water Treatment Plant Operator
This position’s primary responsibility is to learn to competently operate and maintain a Grade IV water treatment plant to produce potable water while meeting or exceeding all applicable rules, regulations and procedures. This position also monitors SCADA operations to ensure pressure and tank levels are maintained throughout the distribution system. A Grade IV Water Treatment Plant Operator license is not required, but preferred.
The ideal candidate should:
- Have excellent deductive reasoning skills and draw logal conclusions from a variety of information from multiple data sources
- Demonstrate excellent computer skills and the ability to work in multiple applications at once
- Be able to learn, interpret, understand and apply theories, methodologies, and applicable regulations necessary to obtain a Water Treatment Plant Operator Grade IV license
- Demonstrate the ability to make arithmetical computations using standard office equipment and computer programs
- Be able to understand and follow oral and written instructions effectively with great attention to detail
- Be able to work evening shifts as well as weekends and holidays