16 Mar Information for WHUD Customers Regarding COVID-19: Phone and online services are encouraged, other assistance available
Update, Thursday, September 3
Our lobby will remain closed through at least Halloween to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. All other services and offerings will remain the same.
Update: Monday, August 3
Our lobby will remain closed through Labor Day to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. You can continue to call our customer care team at 615-672-4110 for assistance, use the online tools at forms at our new Customer Service Hub, or log in to Customer Connect to manage your account. We will also continue allowing customers to pay over the phone without fees when speaking with one of our customer care reps. Thanks for your patience and let us know how we can help in the weeks to come.
Update: Wednesday, July 1
Our lobby will remain closed throughout the month of July. You can continue to call our customer care team at 615-672-4110 for assistance, use the online tools at forms at our new Customer Service Hub, or log in to Customer Connect to manage your account. We will also continue allowing customers to pay over the phone without fees when speaking with one of our customer care reps.
Update: Friday, May 29
Out of an abundance of caution and care for our community, our lobby will remain closed through the end of June, but our drive thru window will remain open. We appreciate your patience and understanding through this pandemic and will continue allowing customers to pay over the phone without fees when speaking with one of our customer care reps. You can also take advantage of our online tools and forms by visiting our new Customer Service Hub, or manage your account online through Customer Connect.
In June, we will be resuming service interruptions for past-due balances; however, if you have been impacted by the pandemic, please contact our customer care team. We will continue offering flexible payment arrangements to our customers.
Update: Tuesday, April 28
To help our customers who have been impacted by COVID-19, we will continue suspending service disconnections through the end of May. During this time, we will also allow customers to pay over the phone without fees when speaking with one of our customer care reps. We will also continue working with customers who need to set up flexible payment arrangements.
Additionally, our lobby remains closed to customers. We will let you know as soon as our doors reopen.
We hope these temporary changes are helpful and want to again encourage all customers to stay as current as possible with payments to avoid building up a large balance. If you have any questions or need to set up a payment arrangement, scroll down for a list of ways you can contact our customer care team.
Update: Wednesday, March 25
Due to the hardships many in our community are facing, we will continue suspending service disconnections and late fees through the end of April. We’ll also continue allowing customers to pay over the phone with no fees through the end of April.
During this time, we encourage all customers to stay as current as possible with payments to avoid building up a large balance that may be hard to manage later. If you have any questions, or need to set up a payment arrangement, please reach out to our customer care team.
Update: Monday, March 23
In an effort to best support our customers and our community, WHUD is temporarily suspending late fees for all customers. If you have questions or need assistance, please call our office at 615-672-4110 or contact us through one of the online methods below.
Update: Saturday, March 21
Effective Monday, March 23, we will be closing our lobby to help ensure the safety and well-being of our community, and to do our part to help slow the spread of COVID-19. Our customer service team will be available to assist you over the phone or with our online services (outlined below), and our drive through window will remain open.
Monday, March 16
At WHUD, the health and safety of our customers is our greatest concern. In response to the coronavirus outbreak, and to best serve you, we will be suspending service disconnections for the rest of the month, as well as offering increased flexibility with payment arrangements. We are also allowing customers to call our office and pay over the phone with no fees. Please note, fees will still be applied to payments made online and through our automated phone system.
For the time being, we also encourage you to take advantage of our phone system and online tools to communicate with our office, view and or manage your account. All of these, which are outlined below, can be accessed via phone, through our website WHUD.org or by using our new mobile web application. Click here to learn how to download and install our app.
For customers who need to come to our office, please use our drive through window or payment drop box, if possible.
For questions and general assistance:
- Contact Us Form: You can send an inquiry directly to our Customer Care Team by using this online form. Non-emergency questions and issues submitted after hours will be addressed the next business day.
- Customer Problem Reporter: This new interactive map allows you to immediately submit issues with your water or wastewater service. Critical issues (no water or wastewater backup) will be monitored and managed 24/7. Non-critical issues (like a missing meter box lid) will be addressed the next business day.
- Customer Service Hub: In May, we launched our new Customer Service Hub, an interactive hub for all of our online forms and tools (leak adjustment, updating your account, enrolling in bank auto-draft, starting and stopping service, and much more).
- Email: You can email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Phone: Our main phone line, 615-672-4110, is answered 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Monday – Friday, we have a team of customer care representatives ready to assist you. During the evening hours and on weekends, our water plant operators answer customer phone calls.
For managing your account:
- Customer Connect, our online customer portal, is a great way to manage your account from any location. You can view current and past usage, update your account information, set up paperless billing, set up account notifications, apply for new service, disconnect service, and pay your account. You will need your account number to register for Customer Connect.
- If you need to update your account information with our office and do not have a Customer Connect account, you can do so through our Update Account Information You can also use this form to sign up for paperless billing or text message alerts.
- You can sign up for automatic bank draft and choose your payment date.
- We have payment dropboxes at the corner of New Shackle Island and Old Drakes Creek Road in Hendersonville, as well as one at our office at 3303 Hwy 31W, White House.
- Our main office at 3303 Hwy 31W also has a drive through window that is open Monday – Friday, from 8am – 4pm.
- You can use our automated phone system to update account information, make a payment, or start or stop service. Call 615-672-4110 and press 2.
- We also accept payments by regular U.S mail at White House Utility District, PO Box 608, White House, TN 37188.
We also know there are some questions about the safety of public drinking water. We want to assure you that your water is safe for consumption – drinking, cooking, maintaining personal hygiene, etc. Our treatment process is regulated by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and is designed to prevent waterborne pathogens, such as viruses, from contaminating drinking water. At WHUD, our treated water is continuously monitored to ensure disinfection. Additionally, every water line repair includes a thorough disinfection process before water is restored. We also conduct field sampling daily to ensure the integrity of our water distribution system. You can read more about the EPA guidelines on water safety and coronavirus here.
Please let us know if you have any questions or how we can assist you in the days and weeks to come. We will share any future updates here.